How to Create a Positive Culture Within a Remote Workforce
Upon the onset of COVID-19, many employees became part of a remote workforce. As we begin to come out of this public health emergency, it’s estimated that 25-30% of all American workers will permanently work from home.
While remote working offers a number of benefits to both employees and employers, it can be challenging for leaders to effectively support a remote workforce. In this episode of “For Your Benefits,” Kim Scott, LMFT, discusses this new way of working. First, she discusses how the pandemic changed the way we work, both in the short and long term. Then, she goes on to discuss the following:
- Emotional challenges of working remotely
- How remote work impacts introverts and extroverts differently
- How workplace culture can thrive outside of the office
- What employers can do to encourage work/life balance
- Ways managers and HR can help a remote workforce feel connected and engaged
Want to learn more about you can effectively support your employees’ mental health? Check out this podcast. You can also read this blog post to discover how COVID-19 has brought to light the need for digital employee wellbeing programs like WellOnMyWay.