The founders and leaders of SentryHealth have spent decades developing entrepreneurial solutions to problems in the U.S. healthcare-delivery system. With extensive backgrounds in medicine, healthcare management, and clinical and claims cost analysis, our executive team keeps one goal in mind: to improve the quality and lower the cost of healthcare provided to our clients.
Alice Shade, Chief Executive Officer
Alice brings extensive experience in health plan design implementation, contract negotiation, disease management and claims analytics through her career at United Healthcare in Lexington, Kentucky. She is a graduate of Kentucky Wesleyan College. Alice was recently named a “2018 Emerging Entrepreneur” by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce.
Read Alice’s Full Bio
Steve Sablan, Chief Operating Officer
Steve brings 25 years of healthcare and IT experience gained working in payor and provider organizations, most recently in the role of chief information officer. Steve has a degree in business from Gordon Ford College of Business at Western Kentucky University, and an MBA from Ashford University.
Mark Crane, Investor Relations and Strategy
Mark brings 20 years experience leading scalable healthcare and technology companies, including Louisville-Based MD2U and The Cobb Group. He was the 2010 EY Entrepreneur of the year. He has a degree in engineering from Purdue University.
Christine Geswein, MBA, CPPM, Head of Administration
Christine has 13 years in the healthcare field, including medical practice management, implementation of electronic medical records, training and clinical program implementation, and product management.
Cheryll Collins, FNP-BC Clinical Director
Cheryll brings experience managing all facets of mobile health clinics and has expertise in family practice, oncology, nursing, education and clinical management.
Board of Managers
- Former CEO of Ventas and Vencor (Kindred Healthcare)
- Founder of Atria Communities
- Formerly on boards of ResCare, Deyta, and Valor Healthcare
- Currently on boards of Arcadia, Zirmed, and others
- Managing Partner, OCA Ventures
- Formerly with Chrysalis Ventures, Providian, Boston Consulting Group and Bain Capital;
- Harvard University, London School of Economics and Stanford University
- Holds observer’s seat with OCA Ventures
Corey McCann, MD PhD
- Growth-stage investor with MPM Capital
- Previously with RiverVest and McKinsey
- Co-founded Pear Therapeutics, Alcyone Lifesciences, ArthroMeda, and Companion PBx;
- Harvard, Washington University, Mass General Hospital, Penn State
- Principal at Blue & Co.
- Assisted with issuance of $1.1 billion in private placement financing
- President of KentuckyChapter of Healthcare Financial Management
- Fellow in Healthcare Financial Management Association.
Richard Goldstein, MD MHCM
- Former president of Central Maine Healthcare
- Vice Dean at the University of Louisville
- Vanderbilt University
- Harvard University
- Thirty-seven years with IBM in client-oriented sales and management roles.
- IBM’s Senior Location Executive responsible for 75 Louisville employees.
- Active angel investor in 12 Louisville-area startups.
- Graduate of Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business.
Clinical Advisory Board
Anderson Spickard, III, MD, MS
- Vanderbilt University Associate Professor of Medicine in the Departments of Medicine and Biomedical Informatics.
- Assistant Dean of Educational Informatics and Technology
- Practicing physician in internal medicine
- Directed the Core Medicine Clerkship and Core Primary Care Clerkship in the fourth-year of medical school
- Instrumental designing the new Vanderbilt medical school curriculum, Curriculum 2.0.
- Won a number of local and national teaching awards and has served on numerous national committees.
Michael H. Davidson, MD
- Nationally recognized expert on statins, novel lipid-lowering drugs and the reduction of coronary artery disease risk through diet and exercise
- Specializes in heart disease prevention, teaching patients to take a proactive approach in managing cardiac risk factors
- Active clinical research encompassing both pharmaceutical and nutritional trials
- Published more than 250 articles for leading medical journals and has written 3 books on lipidology
- Named one of “The Best Doctors in America” by Best Doctors Inc. for the past 10 years
- Named Father of the Year by the American Diabetes Association, 2010
- Active member and past president of the National Lipid Association
David D’Alessio, MD
- Professor of Medicine at Duke University,
- Director of the Division of Endocrinology and a staff physician at the Durham VA Medical Center
- Primary research interest in the regulation of glucose tolerance and abnormalities that lead to type 2 diabetes
Maulik Majmudar, MD
- Practicing cardiologist and Associate Director of the Healthcare Transformation Lab at Massachusetts General Hospital
- Instructor at Harvard Medical School. Active member of the healthcare innovation and entrepreneurship community, with a specific interest in technology-enabled healthcare innovation
- Founding member and chief clinical officer of Quanttus, Inc. a venture-backed medical wearables startup
- Lecturer in the Harvard-MIT HST Program, and co-faculty for the course Healthcare Ventures
- Attended Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, completing residency in Internal Medicine at The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Fellowship in Cardiology at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Duke University Medical Center
- Holds a patent and has had several publications in high-impact journals, such as Nature, Circulation, and Journal of Healthcare Delivery and Implementation Science
- Named the Founding Dean of the Jefferson School of Population Health (now the Jefferson College of Population Health) in 2008
- The Dr. Raymond C. and Doris N. Grandon Professor of Health Policy at Jefferson University
- Board certified internist, internationally recognized for his work in public accountability for outcomes, physician leadership development, and quality-of-care improvement
- Repeatedly named to Modern Healthcare’s list of Most Powerful Persons in Healthcare
- Authored more than 100 articles in major peer-reviewed journals
- Edited 23 books, including “Connecting with the New Healthcare Consumer”, “The Quality Solution, Population Health: Creating a Culture of Wellness,” and most recently, “Demand Better.”
- Currently editor-in-chief of four major national journals including American Journal of Medical Quality, Population Health Management, P&T, and American Health and Drug Benefits (AHDB).